CPCP bases its goals on the following values and assumptions:
- Each individual is important and unique.
- Each individual should have the freedom to develop naturally and to their full potential.
- Each individual should progress toward independence and self-direction.
- Each individual should have the opportunity to develop curiosity and expand their knowledge.
- The scientific study of child development provides important information for devising appropriate learning experiences.
- People should relate in caring ways to each other.
Clifton Presbyterian Church Preschool is a developmental preschool. Our primary goal is to work on the total development of each child. The program is designed to provide opportunities which will enable and encourage the child to develop in the following areas:
- Skills in expressing ideas and communicating with others.
- A growing body of knowledge of the world.
- A growing fund of democratic attitudes, appreciations and values.
- Appreciation and understanding of self, family, community and world.
- Skills and pleasure in creative, expressive and physical activities.
- Socialization skills, and a position as a functioning member of a group.
- Independence and self-direction.
- An interest and joy in learning.
- Responsibility for self, for others and to others.
- A caring and considerate attitude toward others, and respect for others.
Each year the preschool plans field trips for the children as enrichment to their preschool experience. Some examples of the common field trips we may attend are:
- Cox's Farm
- Christmas Concert at a local High School
- Hidden Pond Nature Center
- Frying Pan Park
- Burke Nursery
In addition, we have enrichment programs for the children provided at the preschool throughout the school year. Examples of some programs we have provided in the past are:
- Fairfax County Fire Prevention
- Reptiles program
- Creative Movement
- Police Department