top of page

Guidelines and Building Use Policy for Weddings and Religious Services

Thank you for your interest in holding your wedding or religious service (ie: vow renewal, marriage vow reaffirmation, other) at Clifton Presbyterian Church (CPC).

Please call or email the church office at (703)-830-3175 or in order to confirm that the date you are interested in is available.

 As outlined in the instructions for Booking Your Wedding/Religious Service, we will need the following:

  • A completed Application For the Use of Church Facilities, with a $250 refundable security deposit made out to ‘CPC’.  This deposit will be returned to you following completion of the event, after determining the church has been left in satisfactory condition.

  • A completed Church Use Agreement – signed by the couple.

  • If your service is a wedding: a completed Form A-Minister for Wedding – Signed by the minister and confirming participation in a minimum of 3 sessions of pre-marital counseling.

  • If your service is a vow renewal or marriage reaffirmation: a completed Form B-Minister for Religious Service — Signed by the minister.

  • Sixty days prior to the event, your check for $750, made out to ‘CPC’ must be received by the church office. 

Please see the Application Form for details of our cancellation/refund policy

Officiants for Weddings

Please note that only religious services conducted by ordained Virginia-licensed officiants can be approved. CPC’s sanctuary is not available for non-religious ceremonies or ceremonies conducted by justices of the peace, magistrates, judges or other civil servants.

Please contact the church office for availability of dates and/or CPC’s ministers’ availability prior to submitting your application. Please note that our Head of Staff Pastor is only available to officiate at CPC members’ weddings or weddings of those looking for a church home and who are interested in membership at CPC. The fee for our ministers is $500.00, which is due at the wedding. If you would like to include the minister in your rehearsal dinner and/or wedding reception, please send an invitation.

For non-members, the church office can provide referrals. CPC welcomes ordained ministers from other churches and denominations to officiate here. We do require the minister to fill out Application Form A. Out-of-state ministers may only officiate if authorization has been obtained from a Circuit Court in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Officiants for Religious Services for Married Couples (ie. Vow Renewal, Marriage Vow Reaffirment, etc.)

These Religious Services must be conducted by an ordained minister.  We do require the ministers to fill out Application Form B.  Non-religious services may be held in our Fellowship Hall, not in the sanctuary.


If you plan to have organ music, please contact our Music Director, John Kim, at (703) 830-3175 or to make arrangements and to verify the fee for the rehearsal and wedding or religious service.  Please call, even if you are planning to have your own organist/pianist use either of the church’s keyboard instruments.  We welcome other forms of live, musical accompaniment provided there is sufficient space to accommodate the performers and their instruments.  Any alternative requirements must be discussed with an audio representative from the church and may require a fee for services.


Photographs may be taken before and after the wedding or religious ceremony.  The church is available a maximum of 2 hours prior to the ceremony and photographers should limit the amount of time for taking pictures after the service to 30 minutes.  We do ask that the designated photographer respects the sanctity of the occasion and takes photographs during the actual wedding or religious ceremony only from a stationary position at the rear of the sanctuary, without flash.  Recording of the ceremony is permissible provided that the camera is in a stationary location.


Flowers, greenery, etc. may be placed on the communion table and on windowsills. Please see that no moisture comes in contact with the paraments or any wood surface. Please use clear plastic bases under all flower containers. The use of aisle runners, rice, or birdseed is not permitted. If the couple so chooses, some or all of the flowers and greenery may be left for use in the worship service on the following Sunday. To do this, please circle the appropriate response on the application form and the church bulletin will announce your name and your thoughtful gift. NOTE: When your wedding or religious service takes place near a holiday, our sanctuary will be decorated for the season. You can plan your decorations and flowers accordingly.

Building Use

Our sanctuary, bride’s room/library, etc. are available a maximum of two hours prior to the ceremony. The library on the second floor is available for the bridal party as a dressing room. The groom’s men may assemble downstairs in classroom #105. Please indicate on the application form whether or not you will need these additional rooms. 

If your reception is being held in the Fellowship Hall, your ceremony needs to begin no later than 4:00 p.m. as the premises must be vacated by 9:00 p.m. to allow sufficient time for the room to be cleaned and prepared for its regular use.

Religious Celebrant's Authorization

Important Information for Couples Getting Married in Fairfax County: 


Religious officials must be authorized by a circuit court in the Commonwealth of Virginia in order to perform marriage ceremonies in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

When completing the marriage license, the celebrant is required to enter the county in which authorization was received and the year of authorization.

Please note: This is the responsibility of the minister/bride & groom. The church does not make these arrangements.

For additional information and online forms, please visit:

Please Note

We respectfully request that photographers, florists, wedding consultants, or others involved in the service do not remove or reposition the candles, the cross or other pieces of church furniture from their existing placement in the sanctuary, and that no sticky tape be used on the brass candelabras, pews, or any wood surface in the church. Our wedding hostesses will adjust furnishings as needed and will happily provide any of our decorations desired for the service. If candles are used in the windows, the church provides the hurricane globes and candlesticks, or votive and tea light holders. We also have unity candle sets. The couple need supply only the candles. (10” tapers are recommended for use with the hurricane globes.) The church also has 24" glass vases that you may use in the windows with fresh flowers or silks. 

We look forward to sharing a part of your special day with you and helping in any way we can.

bottom of page